When you buy through our links, we may earn fees from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Giving gifts this holiday season and need some inspiration for what to get the vegans on your Christmas list? We’ve curated this gift guide just for you; it’s filled with stylish and practical ethical and eco-friendly vegan gift ideas that your recipients will cherish – and we hope it reduces your browsing and shopping time too!
(Note: COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in major delays in shipping and deliveries, so if you’re giving gifts and shopping online, you may want to get your Christmas shopping done asap.)
Gifts $20 and under
- Knickey fair-trade, GOTS-certified organic women’s undies. This conscious brand offers affordable, super comfy briefs in five classic cuts in a beautiful range of neutral hues and limited edition colours. Ethically made from certified organic cotton, the brand’s beautiful packaging make it an ideal gift. Knickely also offers a recycling program that diverts old underwear intimates from landfills. Price US$13, available at Knickey.
- Shampoo With A Purpose Plastic-Free Shampoo & Conditioning Bar is Australian-owned, Australian-made, is palm oil-free, sulphate-free and vegan-friendly. Just one of their zero waste shampoo and conditioning bars saves six shampoo and conditioning bottles. Makes a great stocking filler or Secret Santa gift, and comes in the following hair options: normal, dry or damaged, colour treated or volume. Price A$15, available at Shampoo With A Purpose.
- JW PEI Card Holder is made of ultra-microfibre vegan leather and lined with 100% recycled materials sourced from old plastic bottles. Comes in a variety of colours. Sale price US$9.90 (normally $19), available at JW PEI.
- Amy Jade Creations Organic Cotton Patterned Handkerchief. Handmade in Australia, the colours, patterns and designs are limited-edition, plenty to choose from. Versatile enough to be used as a napkin/serviette for a zero waste kit as well. Price $11.95, available at Etsy.
- Boody Bamboo Tank Top. The perfect all-round PETA-approved minimalist top, it features a scoop neckline and responsibly manufactured using a bamboo rayon fabric. Is longer in length and ideal for wearing to the gym or as a base layer. Comes in three colours: black, light grey and white. Price $20, available at Boody. (Note: Subscribe to newsletter to get 10% discount on first-time purchase at Boody.)
- Ahimsa Collective PETA-approved Gold Metal Straws and Pouch. This set, created in collaboration with non-profit environmental charity Clean Coast Collective, comes with two metallic straws and a cruelty-free washable paper pouch handcrafted in Sydney, Australia. On sale A$20 (original price $34), available at Ahimsa Collective.
- ettitude Bamboo Eye Mask. A silky, lightly padded sateen eye mask made from sustainable, organic CleanBamboo™ fabric ideal for vegan gift recipients who travel or run their own start-ups and in need of a good night’s sleep. Price $18, available at ettitude.
- Vegan Style: Your Plant-Based Guide to Fashion, Beauty, Home + Travel book by Sascha Camilli. This vegan fashion and lifestyle resource guide makes the ultimate gift for the style-conscious travel-loving vegan. Price A$17.95, available on Amazon.
Gifts $35 and under
- Sienna Byron Bay Vegan Nail Polish. This Australian brand produces its luxe range of vegan and cruelty-free nail polish in the coastal town of Byron Bay. So many stunning colours to choose from, you’ll be sure to find a shade to suit your vegan gift recipient. Price $25, available at Sienna.
- Maho White Musk Sensory Incense Sticks + Button Burner. Each Maho incense stick is made using natural sandalwood or agarwood bark that has naturally fallen off these trees, ensuring these products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. The incense is crafted by an artisanal incense maker in the ancient province of Fujian, China using traditional techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation. Price A$35, available at Nash + Banks.
- Maara Collective Limited-Edition Headband. Featuring an exclusive ‘Dhinawan’ print designed by Yuwaalaraay artist Lucy Simpson for the MAARA Collective X Gaaawa Miyay print collaboration, this headband is locally made in Sydney by The Social Outfit, an ethically accredited social enterprise empowering migrant and refugee communities through clothing production and retail training. Price $25, available at Maara Collective.
- Sukin Art Series Limited-Edition Hand Wash and Cream Duo Collection. For vegans who love to indulge in skincare, the Sukin x Anna Cole Hand Duo is designed in collaboration with Australian artist Anna Cole without compromising Sukin’s sustainability qualities: Australian-made, vegan, natural ingredients (no toxic nasties), carbon neutral and recyclable packaging. Price a$24.95, available at Sukin Naturals.
- UrganicWear Organic Cotton Boob Tee. Handmade and digitally printed in Europe using organic cotton tees, this unisex crew t-shirt is ideal for vegan feminists. Price A$25.59, available at Etsy.
Gifts $50 and under
- Sans Beast Maple Croco Operative Wallet. This slimline minimalist card wallet made of a maple (tan) glazed croco embossed vegan Eco PU features zip top for cash and coins and is branded with distinctive Sans Beast branding. Can also be worn as a cross body bag if you have a strap (or you can this accessory as a separate accessory on the site). On sale A$39 (original price $69), available at Sans Beast.
- Pela Case 100% Compostable Phone Case. The world’s first fully biodegradable and compostable phone case made from flax straw “waste” is produced by a Carbon Neutral certified and Certified B Corporation. A wide selection of colours and prints on offer, you’ll be sure to find an Apple, Samsung, Huawei and Google Pixels phone case for your tech-obsessed vegan gift recipient. Price $44.95, available at Pela Case.
Gifts $80 and under
- Coyuchi Unisex Organic Waffle Robe. Made from 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton woven in Turkey and ethically made under fair-trade certified conditions, these vegan-friendly robes organic bathrobes feature a waffle weave, has a streamlined fit and belt-loops. Comes in two classic colours: white and deep ocean. Sale price US$78.40 (originally $98), available at Coyuchi.
- LOVEBYT Natural Toothpaste Christmas Gift Box. Natural toothpaste that’s vegan, cruelty-free, Australian-made, this Christmas gift contains two tubes of toothpaste [1 x Cinnamon & Clove; 1 x Peppermint] and a set of two bamboo brushes. Beautifully wrapped in LOVEBYT signature paper and recycled box. Price A$58, available at Nash + Banks.
- Lola’s Lashes Sapphire Magnetic Vegan Eyelashes + Eyeliner Kit. This vegan cosmetics brand is dedicated to making ethical, cruelty-free false eyelashes for absolutely everyone. There is zero mink or other animal hair in these lashes; requires none of the traditional lash glue, they’re also wind and waterproof and can be worn 30 times or more. This is the ideal present for a vegan beauty lover. On sale US$77 (normally $91), available at Lola’s Cosmetics.
Related Post: Natural But Cruel: Why Mink Eyelashes are Just as Bad as a Mink Coat
Disclosure: Details are correct at time of publishing. This curated list does not fully take into account all the ethical considerations that are unique to each individual. Before making a purchase, we encourage you to do your own research paying particular attention to the supply chain and your own particular set of ethics. Click here to read more about our policies. Cover image via Sukin.
- Sustainable Lifestyle Brand Ettitude Launches Range of Vegan-Friendly Duvets and Pillows
- The Ultimate Guide to Decorating a Vegan Home
- How to Be a Fashion Activist During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 10 Sustainable and Ethical Fashion Podcasts to Tune Into
- 7 Ethical Brands for Sustainable Joggers and Sweatpants
- 69 Facts and Statistics About Fast Fashion That Will Inspire You To Become An Ethical Fashion Advocate
- Q&A with Eric Dales, Co-Founder of Sustainable Boho Label TAMGA Designs
Cover image via Sukin.